|Word2CAD overcomes the limits and problems associated with OLE placement of Microsoft Word documents. It draws the document in AutoCAD using native geometry. The result is a bound collection of mtext objects that is linked to the original document, can be plotted without problems and is highly portable to other users.
Supported Format Options
● Bold, Italics & Underline
● Left Indents
● Line Numbering
- Automatically updates changed Word documents on drawing open.
- Uses bookmarks, allowing the area to grow/shrink as you to add/remove paragraphs.
- Exclusive column wrapping. Users can specify the maximum column height and gap distance. The results will
flow to the designated height, then move up and to the right to continue until done.
- Style settings. This allows multiple styles to be defined and chosen during placement. Results
take on changed style parameters when updated. Style files can be shared and administered.
- Quickly scan a project folder (or an entire drive) for drawings that need updating, then process them in
- Runs as true 64bit application in AutoCAD 2008 (or higher) 64bit.
Smart Linking & Updating
When Word2CAD creates the document the drawing, it stores extended data on the insert. Since the date and time of creation (along with the document file name) is stored, it can easily determine when the representation needs updating. So when you reopen your drawing, Word2CAD quickly evaluates the document instances in the drawing and automatically updates only those that have changed!
OLE has it's limitations, Word2CAD doesn't
- OLE Size is limited to 'a single page'.
- Plotting problems which OLE appears 'grainy', 'fuzzy', etc.
- If the drawing is plotted rotated, the OLE does not.
- OLE Objects can 'bleed through' multiple layouts, showing up in places where they don't belong.
- Recipients of your drawings on other CAD systems may have problems with the OLE representation.
Even the latest AutoCAD's Mtext Import has problems. It's size is limited, it doesn't handle table text correctly, and its not linked!
Control the application with your choice of command line entry, pulldown menu, traditional toolbars or ribbon interface (AutoCAD 2010 and higher).
||Long (multi-page) documents are not a problem. With Word2CAD's column wrapping, you can turn on this feature and specify the column height and gap distance. The text will flow to the designated height, then move up and to the right to continue. A dozen page document can be plotted on an E size sheet with ease.
||Let the clerical personnel use truetype fonts in the document, then use your favorite SHX font as an override in the drawing. Has no effect on the source document.
|Set Page Width:
||The instance in the drawing doesn't have to be 8-1/2 inches wide. You can set the page width to a narrow or wide value. Narrow columns can often allow more information to fit on the sheet.
|ToolBar & Menu Driven:
||Initiate the tools with your choice of the toolbar or with the pull down menu.
|Create New Instances:
||Simply highlight the desired area in your document, then launch our document creation tool. It talks to Word through the ActiveX channel (no clipboard or intermediate files) and then creates the best possible representation of your document.
The resulting geometry is bound into a block insert for easy movement, erasure, etc.
||After a document instance has been placed, you can easily change all of the properties.
||At any time in an editing session, you can issue this command and choose the instances to update (or simply type ALL). It checks the file dates on the documents, and tells you if an instance doesn't need updating.
||This dialog displays a list of all document references in the drawing and helps you manage them using this information and tools.
||Number of references found.
||Word file name, range, current file date.
||Zooms and centers the selected instance on the screen.
||Updates the selected instance from the document file.
||Removes the selected instance from the drawing.
||Pick a document reference in the drawing and this tool instantly opens Word with the document open. The referenced range is highlighted.
||This dialog controls all the defaults for newly created document references. Includes setting for auto update, overrides, factors and other options.
||Simply window off an array of text or mtext objects in the drawing, and have them immediately placed into a table in the open document.
||Exports block attributes to a table in the currently open document. It sorts the selected blocks based on the Y coordinate for a top-down order appropriate for blocks used to create schedules.
||Simplifies the export of the current drawing to the currently open word document.
||Generates a layer report of the current drawing in an open document, including graphical icons.
||Exports coordinates from nodal and linear geometry to a table in the document.
||Exports table information from an AutoCAD Table object to the currently open document.
You can add Word2CAD to any AutoCAD system, no matter how heavily customized. The installation changes no AutoCAD files.
Since it does not have any windows DLL dependencies, its easy for CAD Managers to add Word2CAD to server based systems* without having to install Word2CAD on the workstation.
* Low cost site licenses are available for server workgroup systems.
- Override truetype fonts with a style name.
- Manage multiple document references easily.
- Uses named bookmarks, allows users to add text to linked range.
- Automatically updates changed documents on drawing open.
Supported Applications: Requires full AutoCAD 2007 or higher, LT not supported.
Product Support: Email Support Only
Product Eval: Available on Request.
|WD2CAD + XL2CAD Std
|WD2CAD + XL2CAD Pro