Pond Design - Volume Too Small?

Productivity Tools for Civil3D 2015 or higher
Lincoln

Pond Design - Volume Too Small?

Postby Lincoln » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:50 pm

I have an appx. 1 ac foot print and I am looking to create just over 2 ac-ft of volume. I get a "..volume appears too small..' message and the routine terminates.

twdotson
Site Admin

Re: Pond Design - Volume Too Small?

Postby twdotson » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:30 pm

The tool needs a minimum to generate the first level (contour). It currently multiplies the figure area by the max of (figure height or 1.0) to determine this. You are welcome to email the starting drawing, we may need to relax the minimum.

Also include a screen capture of the dialog (parameters).

twdotson
Site Admin

Postby twdotson » Wed Apr 22, 2015 5:40 pm

We relaxed the minimum to Area x 1.0. Run 'Check for Updates' and try it, use 100.0 for your initial offset, it needs to be very large (see help for details).

Terry

Lincoln

Postby Lincoln » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:36 pm

Ok, it works now on my example..thanks

If you could create a Stage-Storage table option that would execute at the end of the routine, that would be really helpful.

-We need the Stage-Storage to find the bottom invert elevation of the pond to the hundredth (####.xx) and give the contour area as Zero.
-Then have rows of even 1 foot contour intervals of area and cumulative volumes.
-Then the last row of the table would be the top of the pond measured to the hundredth with its subsequent area and cumulative volume.

Lincoln

Postby Lincoln » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:41 pm

I thought at one time in development if I'm not mistaken this tool was able to work from the top and inward and downward to find a pond volume?

Is that capability gone?

twdotson
Site Admin

Postby twdotson » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:23 pm

In the earliest stages the thought was straight offsets would do the job, so the plan was to offer a bottom-up or top-down approach. Then it turned out not to be so simple and the top down fell off the possibilities. A second tool will need to be produced and any previous comments will be on the old (now read-only) forum.

http://dotsoft.site.aplus.net/forums

Return to “C3D Tools Suite”