Map Clean Up Tools

Civil/Survey and GIS add-on for CAD engines.
lmaidlow

Map Clean Up Tools

Postby lmaidlow » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:01 pm

I'm not sure where these stand on your development list, but I believe these would be a great addition to MapWorks.

Your polyline weeding algorithm is lightning fast - congratulations.

Look at AutoCAD Map for examples but I think the following would be useful:

Points - group and average the elevation within a radius. Your grid averaging may already do this but I have not been able to get it to work with a large file.
    Break lines/polylines at intersctions
    Delete duplicates
    Delete short lines
    Connect end points of lines within a specified radius
    Delete closed polylines by area < then

twdotson
Site Admin

Re: Map Clean Up Tools

Postby twdotson » Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:26 pm

lmaidlow wrote:I'm not sure where these stand on your development list

We have a lot of new stuff complete for the new version, but we're bogged down right now in porting all the old code to a new code approach. It's hard to explain but some of the stuff we did back in 2007 needs work.

lmaidlow wrote:Points - group and average the elevation within a radius. Your grid averaging may already do this but I have not been able to get it to work with a large file.

You mean plain point objects or Cogo Points (Blocks/Attr)? We currently have some point cluster tools in the points section.

lmaidlow wrote:Break lines/polylines at intersctions

This IntersectBreakAll tool is done for the new version. We needed it for parcel preparation because a collection of closed polylines with hundreds of duplicate segments is NOT the way to go.

lmaidlow wrote:Delete duplicates

I assumed that was covered by now, at least in ACAD.

lmaidlow wrote:Delete short lines

I think a select figures by length range would be best, so you could also move them to another layer (see below).

lmaidlow wrote:Connect end points of lines within a specified radius

We need to work on a new joiner that has a tolerance value but also smart connect (for example when a Tee is encountered).

lmaidlow wrote:Delete closed polylines by area < than

We currently have a select by area tool in ToolPac which could be brought over. I think the select by approach is best, then you can delete or move to another layer, etc.

BTW, in the future a new post for each topic would be best, it's hard to maintain a trail of replies when multiple subjects exist in one post like this.

twdotson
Site Admin

Postby twdotson » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:41 pm

Convert zero length lines to points needs to be in there somewhere.

twdotson
Site Admin

Postby twdotson » Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:14 pm

A new tool (Parcels Breakup All) was added to 6.0 that falls into this category.

Return to “MapWorks”