Figure Grade Elevations

Civil/Survey and GIS add-on for CAD engines.
GIZMO-NJ

Re: Figure Grade Elevations

Postby GIZMO-NJ » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:26 pm

That seems to have fixed it - I haven't managed to break it yet...:)

I'm just about to start work on a 19 turbine wind farm so I'll be using it for this to try and break it

GIZMO-NJ

Postby GIZMO-NJ » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:28 pm

...Also need to remember to have OSNAPZ set to 0..... would it be more useful for this be programmed in i.e. switch to 0 (if not already) at the start and then switch back on completion if necessary?

twdotson
Site Admin

Postby twdotson » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:48 pm

We set the OSMODE to 1 at the beginning for the convenience of endpoint osnaps, then set it back to whatever the user had at the end. I don't see the value of changing OSNAPZ since it would negatively affect the selection of the Plane Start/End points, where we need the need the Z value.

GIZMO-NJ

Postby GIZMO-NJ » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:33 pm

I have the osnapz set to 1 most of the time but it needs to be set to 0 to pick up the actual Z value as a value of 1 will pick up the value set by ELEV?

twdotson
Site Admin

Postby twdotson » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:35 pm

Okay I see what you mean, we'll look at that. Since I leave it on all the time I didn't see the problem.

GIZMO-NJ

Postby GIZMO-NJ » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:52 pm

Great - I got odd levels initially when I tried the last build I downloaded until I twigged about the OZNAPZ value

twdotson
Site Admin

Postby twdotson » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:34 pm

Report option added to this tool, reports station, elevation, slopes, horz vert and slope distance along with CogoPoint number found at the vertex if applicable. Processes entire figure, does not prompt for begin/ending points. Provides standard prompt output options such as Excel, Word, Browser, etc.

twdotson
Site Admin

Postby twdotson » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:01 pm

Set grade by percent slope added. I know this isn't new to Civil3D but it was added for completeness (and we'll need it over on the MapWorks end). Anyone get a chance to jog this option (especially backwards along the figure) would be appreciated.

Return to “MapWorks”